Monday, June 8, 2009

Adding to our Family

We are adding a person to our little family. His name is Matthew Timothy Paine.
He has been a friend of the Sorensen family for about 20 years, give or take 5. I have seen Matt a handful of times over the years at family dinners. When Grandma Sorensen pass away in March, I emailed Matt to let him know. He was always very kind to my grandmas. He emailed me back. I found he had never married and we developed a wonderful friendship. After visiting him in Nashville two months later, we knew we had friendship, but also something more.
Last week Matt came to Utah. The kids and I put him through the wringer this past week. All in all, we decided we love each other and want to build a life together. May 31, 2009, he asked me to be his wife. On June 6, 2009, I made him an author on Thrice Blessed. I am not sure which one of those actions took more courage :)
I love Matt. We know we have challenges ahead. But, we both love each other and the children. Most importantly, we both love the Savior. We are excited for the years ahead of us.
The kids and I will be moving to Nashville, TN to be with Matt. He is an electrical and mechanical engineer for a small company there. He does research testing for the governement. Tonight Ali asked if Matt knows government secrets. I said, "No, just things he can't tell us."
We will be married on July 21, 2009 in my aunt and uncle's flower garden.