Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Interview and a Parent Teacher Conference

As you all know, I have been out job hunting. After a certain interview last week, I replayed it to my kids as a Saturday Night Live sketch. It truly had some hilarious moments. I often wondered if the interviewer knew what job I was interviewing for and if they knew the job responsibilities. They were very kind, but it was very funny and easy to replay for the kiddo :)

Well, yesterday, I had a Saturday Night Live parent teacher conference. Seriously. I am not kidding.

Luke's teacher is about sixty or sixty-five. She is a very kind woman. Luke and I went into his classroom and found that her room was being vacuumed. I thought, "Well, now that we are here, he will probably move to another room." Yeah, no. That didn't happen. The teacher sat us down right in the center of the room, right in the center of the vacuuming. And she said NOTHING about the vacuuming.

For a few minutes I thought maybe I was the only one that could hear the vacuum. The teenage boy was using one of those old canister vacuums. The ones you carry on your back. At one point he was standing right by my head vacuuming UNDER MY FEET. I could see Luke's teacher's lips moving, but could hear nothing for most of the conference.

Good thing he is a good student and I don't need to wonder if she was saying bad things about his academics!!