Friday, March 26, 2010

Picture with my heart

Sadly, I am unable to take my beloved camera everywhere. Case in point: our LDS temple.

Last night, Matt and I helped with the Mia Maid and Deacon (fourteen and fifteen-year-old youth) temple trip. When I say trip, I mean it is 4.5 minutes to our church house from our home and fourteen steps to the temple from there :) But, that is what they call it...a temple trip! Matt was needed for his priesthood and I was needed for my laundry skills. Yes, in these small temples the youth group must bring their own laundress. How funny is that?

As I sat there, in-between the wash and dry cycles, I was able to watch Matthew baptize Ali for the dead. What a wonderful experience it was. I thought about our family units here on Earth and into the eternities.

My understanding and belief in the temple promises have greatly increased over the past months and years. Through the blessings of the temple and righteous living, we are promised life eternal. As Matt and I speak of, and plan for, our sealing, it has been a concern for the children. The kids are finally realizing that they are sealed to me and that I will be sealed to Matt which means they will also be sealed to Matthew. Mostly we try to stress to them that we love each other, we love them and Heavenly Father loves them. Heavenly Father will make sure everything is how it is supposed to be. Heavenly Father loves us personally and knows the righteous desires of our hearts. Even the desires of these three precious children.

Here is the picture taken with my heart: it is of Matthew and Ali dressed in white, of Matthew using his Priesthood worthily and together they are helping others progress eternally.