Friday, August 21, 2009

3rd Grade Math

I recently married a wonderful man who has never been married and never had the joy of having children. He has jumped in with both feet to marriage and children. I love that he loves doing the things that I sometimes find mundane: dishes, asking the kids to brush their teeth (25 times) and homework.

A couple of nights ago Matt and Luke were doing math homework. Let me just complain for a minute. Luke gets an average of 90 minutes of homework a night. It is a good that Matt likes to help out with it!! I digress. Matt and Luke worked diligently on a particular math sheet. The next day, Luke brought it home and he had missed one. While Matt called BYU and asked if they wanted his double engineering degree back, I found Luke a new tutor. Luckily, the position was filled in-house:

When Olive found a mistake, he would bite Luke's pencil. He should have bit the pencil two more times as Luke missed two problems on the sheet Oliver and I helped him with!