Friday, August 28, 2009

lawn, laundry & lunch

Today has been busy and it is barely after noon. I wanted to mow the lawn and do the laundry before a lunch date with a girl friend, so I started mowing the lawn at 7:00 am. That's right mom, 7 am :) Since Matt only owns a toy mower, I decided I would be safe starting that early. So, off I went. I was almost done with the back yard when I saw a flurry of movement. I quickly stopped the power of the toy lawn mower and took note of a little family of bunnies scurrying out of a hole in the back yard. No bunnies were harmed, only very, very scared of Matt's toy lawn mower. I tried to explain that it was only a toy.... :)

Luke was still home so I ran and got him. After we grabbed Oliver in the act of pouncing, we got a good look at them. I now realize they are even younger than I first thought. Before Luke went to school, he placed sunflower seeds in the backyard along with one of Kat's crocs "incase they need somewhere to live."

After I dropped Luke off to school I ran to the laundry mat as our washer is currently not functioning and I think part of it is at Matt's lab. It is nice to have a engineer in the house. I don't love going to the laundry mat, but am thankful they are there when I need them.

After that, I had a delightful lunch with Laurel. She and her family have known Matt for 9 years. I needed to find out if there was any dirt to be had about Matt :) Not surprisingly, she only had wonderful things to say about my darling husband.

Upon arriving back home, I went out back to make sure the bunnies were gone. Well, they were right were I left them. So, I got a pair of Matt's riding gloves and went to work relocate them back to their burrow. Do bunnies have burrows? Three were returned to their home but, I decided to be a cool mom and put one in the kitty carrier. NOT to feed Oliver, but to show the kids when they get home. They are so cute!!! They kids and the bunnies.