Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Magic Moments

Each day I have a few moments alone with each kiddo.

Ali's is just a few minutes while I drive her to seminary at 6 am. Ugg. Why did we leave Utah? Oh, yeah: love :) Usually Ali doesn't say much, but we are together.

After Ali is off, I do Kat's hair and then walk her to the bus stop. These moments are not peaceful in the least. Those of you who have spent the getting ready for the day time with Kat knows what it is like. Not fun, but I am with her.

20 minutes after Kat leaves, Luke wakes up. He and I usually have almost 90 minutes together. Matt is with us for part of it, but most of it is just Luke and I. At the start of the school year, I would get in the shower and be ready for the day by the time I took Luke to school. But, I realized my time was better spent playing games with him or just talking.

I love my children. They are crazy. (Have you met Bob and Sunshine?) They are growing too fast. I cherish each moment I have with them.