Saturday, February 14, 2009

Car Shopping

Recently, I have begun my hunt for a new car. I seemed to have lost all three vehicles in the divorce. But, I did get other things that were important to me; they just can't get me to work or my kids to school.

So, today Ali and Nana and I went to a couple of dealerships looking around. I am looking for a car that is affordable, reliable and has a good warranty. The kids are really pushing for a PT Cruiser. So, when we found one that was stick shift today, we decided to test drive it. I really want a car that has a stick shift :)

Ali and I were sitting in the PT Cruiser while the sales man went and looked for a car he seemed to have lost. He was quite the character I tell ya. After he went looking, and couldn't find the lost car, he told me to park my parent's van in front of the dealership and he would bring the Cruiser around.

While Ali and I waited for the salesman to bring the car around I told her, "Ten buck he gets out and says 'You know this car isn't automatic, right?'" He pulls up and gets out, "You know this is a stick shift, right?" Honestly, what is it with men and cars? Did he think after sitting in the car I didn't notice it was a stick shift??? Now if I were blond....