Thursday, February 26, 2009

Food Poisoning or Hung Over

Yesterday evening I wanted to die. Don't worry, I wasn't actually drinking while working :)

I was scheduled to work late at WIC last night. So, I was happily working along, chatting with my new buddy and clinic director, Lori. Around 5:30, I starting feeling horrible. The world was spinning and I couldn't walk in a straight line. I told Lori I might better go home early. She replied that was probably best since she didn't like me enough to clean up after me!!

Even before I left the building, I was violently ill. After that, I pretty much crawled to my car. I climbed in the back seat and called my mommy and daddy. I layed in the back seat throwing up. My dad managed to get me in their van where I proceeded to throw up all the way home. I guess my mom does love me to let me do that!

Before I crawled down to bed, I called the kids, who were with their dad, to make sure Ali would get a ride home from mutual cause I would be dead.

When the kids got home, Kate got into be with me. She layed there still and silent.

I finally said, "Kate you can talk to me."

"Ok. We had chicken at Grandma's house. And mashed potatoes and...."

"Kate, how about we don't talk about food?"

"Oh. Right. Sorry."

She is so precious. They are all so precious.

Only the thought of getting in the shower and getting clean got me up this morning. But, I have felt ok most of today. I have no idea what I got; but I am sure if that is what it feels like to be hung over, I will never drink!!!