Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Family Scripture Time

Each evening, the kids and I gather together to read from the Book of Mormon. They are actually very good about it and pay very close attention and ask very in-depth questions :) I am just envisioning the celestial kingdom. But, we do read almost all evenings.

Tonight we were reading from Mosiah 29. It is the last chapter in the book of Mosiah. Mosiah was teaching his people why having a king, or man, rule over you is not a wise choice. So, I stopped and asked the kiddos who would be a better choice for a leader. Without batting an eye, and with no sense of mischief, Ali responded, "a woman."

The end of Mosiah is always sad for me. I seem to cry each time someone dies in the Book of Mormon and Mosiah and Alma both die at the end. I love that book.