Friday, March 6, 2009

Funeral Moments

The past few weeks have been physically, emotionally and spiritually draining. We buried the matriarch of our family today.
I am posting just a few moments of the past 24 hours. Really, it has only been 24 hours?


This is a practice with the great-grand kids at the viewing. We were practicing Families Can be Together Forever. I had a hard time not crying each time we sang it.
Yes, I took my camera out in the chapel. I wanted to capture all the beautiful great-grand kids :)
These next few are the pall bearers bringing grandma to her final resting place.

Rodger Sorensen, my dad, dedicating the grave.
My dad had a sister die shortly after she was born. This is her grave. Grandma and Grandpa are buried right beside her.
At Grandpa Sorensen's funeral, my cousin Bob's wife and I were pregnant with baby girls. We delivered within days of each other and both named our daughters the same name. Aliyssa Lamoreaux is on the left and my Alyssa Olson is on the right. We try to take their picture each time they are together.
When every thing was all said and done, we stayed to watch them lower grandma into the ground. Luke was very interested in the whole process. Isn't he cute standing there with a purple flower?
These are some of the pictures I took on the temple grounds. This really is an amazing structure. But, I am rather fond of all temples. But, this one is near and dear to the Sorensen's hearts.