Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Horton Hears Sunni Sing His Praises

Ok, yesterday I told a friend that I hate the film Horton Hears a Who. I guess I should back up...

Yesterday was Dr. Seuss' birthday. My kids decided to dress up. If I could find my camera, I would post the pictures here. (Kids you better find it and find it fast!!) Kat wanted to be Kat in a hat. As opposed to being Cat in the Hat. That is a very important distinction. Luke wanted to be Thing 2, NOT Thing 1. I don't know why, don't ask. They both looked really cute when I left for work. I hope they didn't loose the camera when I told them to take pictures!!!

So, last night there was a fund-raiser at the school for the above mentioned birthday. We were to watch Horton Hears a Who. I didn't even finish watching that movie the first time around. But, those of you who know me, know I will do anything my kids want to do. I will also find any excuse not to sit down and watch it...."You want more popcorn, I will get it." "You want blankets from home, I will be right back." I finally settled down to watch it and leaned over to my friend and told her that I hate this movie. Then, I proceeded to laugh the whole way through.

I tell ya what, when Mr. Mayor had his arm put to sleep with Novocaine at the dentist, I thought I would die laughing. That is some classic cartoon humor mixed in with today's computer created movies.
I leaned over to my friend, Debbie, and told her I guess I was wrong, I do like this movie. She told me it is probably cause I love our own little Horton from Orem Junior High....Caleb Tinney. And she is right! I do love Caleb!!



Here are the pictures of the kiddos. Luke had great blue hair, but you can't really see it.