Monday, March 30, 2009

Princess?

Today at work, I got to see a delightful little girl. She was about 4-years-old. That is one of my all time favorite ages. They are so precious and innocent still. Then come 5, 6, 7, well, you get the picture. The older they get, the less innocent they become.

This little girl kept playing with the ruffles on the sleeve of my shirt. Her mom kept telling her to stop. I finally told the mom that if it was ok with her, it didn't bother me to have her play with my shirt.

I leaned over to the little girl and told her that I got up this morning and felt like a princess. So I put on my lacy, ruffly shirt and put my hair on top of my head. She played with my ruffles a little longer and then looked up and me and said, "You are not a princess." Maybe she is not so innocent after all, I thought. "I'm not a princess?" "No, you are a queen."

I love kids. Well, unless I hate them which is quite often when they are mean to my own sweet innocent children :)