Sunday, March 15, 2009

Funeral Funny

Grandma has been gone almost 2 weeks.  I can't believe it.  I had forgotten this funeral story until a couple of days ago....

At the viewing before the funeral, we were lucky enough to see loved ones from Grandma's life.  Many were familiar, some I was sure I had met them at some point in time.  One very nice couple came up and told me how sorry they were about Grandma's passing.  Then they shared an experience about passing through Rexburg with Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen and they staying at our home when I was a teenager.  I would bet money it was MY room :)  As the conversation wound down, they told me how great I looked and that I didn't look like I had aged a day.  (Really, I didn't pay them or anything.)  I said thank you and we walked towards the chapel.  

Kat suddenly piped in with, "Well, he is a liar!"

"Katelyn Blyth Olson!!"  Oh, where did I go wrong??

"Mom, I have seen the pictures and you look way better now than you did 20 years ago."  

Do you punish her or hug her?  I hugged her.