Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Playing Hookie

Last Friday the power went of in a large portion of Franklin. Including the high school and Matt's office. The high school was 10 minutes from being out so they didn't get out early, but Matt came home 2 hours early. Lucky Luke got to enjoy that extra time with Matthew.

They went to the park and played and played and played. When I was done making bread for dinner I sneaked over an snapped some pictures over of their fun.

Somewhere in the beginning of our life together, the kids started calling Matt "beast." He is definitely a gentle beast and the kids adore him. Here our beast is being a sloth.
They spun....
and spun....
and spun...
until our beast could spin no more. As Luke was looking over at Matt on the ground he very softly asked, "Beast??" It was so very sweet.
Luckily the sun went down so we could all go home and rest :)
That illuminating license plate is my Utah plate. One day soon, we are going to put the Volvo plates on Cali to keep Clark's memory alive. But, for now, I love seeing my Utah plates. Reminds me where I came from :)