Monday, November 2, 2009

Minor Meltdown in Costco Parking Lot

Ok. Take a moment and write down on a little piece of paper who you THINK had a freak-out in the Costco parking lot. Ok, on with our story.

Saturday Matt, Kat, Luke and I went to Costco. Ali wanted to stay home and get ready for a party. So, off the four of us went.

As I headed toward yogurt, Matt said he would pick up the toilet paper. He asked if I had a brand I preferred. I told him we weren't picky. Matt is surprised how much "stuff" five people go through. It is pretty funny. As a single guy, he didn't go through this much stuff. Silly boy :)

Matt got back to the cart just as I was putting the yogurt into the cart. He put the toilet paper down below. We got a few more things. (Funny how a "few" things at Costco always costs $100) As we were checking out, Kat said she needed to go to the bathroom, so we left the boys to do the checking out.

Soon, we were in the parking lot loading up the car. Everything was in the car but the toilet paper. I reach in the cart to pick up the toilet paper and sew the brand. Ok. I am NOT a snob with most things, but SCOTT toilet paper makes me draw the line!!! I am pretty sure that I screeched; more than once. First I just kind of asked, "Scott?" Matthew calmly reminded me I told him I didn't have a preference. I am vaguely remembering saying things like, "Scott toilet paper. Have you used it anywhere but in the wilderness where it is a LAW to use it?" And, "When you use Scott, you get pee on your hand." And my personal favorite of humiliation, "How the heck poor are we?" We aren't poor, just for the record :) By now my voice was pretty loud and people were looking at us. My mom, I am sure is dying. Sorry mom!! There was an older gentleman openly laughing at me and taking pity on Matt. Poor Matt. He took the toilet paper right back into Costco and returned it. He said the girl at the return desk way trying not to laugh. I am hoping she hadn't head about my little meltdown!

So, I guess if your guess was that it was ME that had the meltdown in the parking lot, you win!! Matt is the best husband ever and takes such good care of me. He truly loves me!