Friday, November 13, 2009

Sewing Machine

My sister is an amazing seamstress. I used to sew a lot more when the kids were younger. (Geez, I sound OLD!) Within the past couple of years I have gotten a new sewing machine and got excited about sewing again. While I was at my parents, it sat in storage. We recently got it out for the girls to start working on Young Women's projects. Matt and I both have a machine, so it works out they can both sew at the same time.

Anyhow...my has been misbehaving a little bit and so I took it in yesterday. A couple of hours later the shop called me and told me it was ready. As it turns out, much to my humiliation, I have been using the wrong bobbins. I told the repair man that my machine hates me. To which he responded with, "Ma'am, it is a machine and has no feelings." Totally seriously. So, I was kind of embarrassed twice :)

I am excited to try to sew with the correct bobbin. Maybe Sara will get bored enough with her husband in school and come and sew with me!!!