Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting Old

I am getting old.

I am going to a baby shower tonight. My baby is turning nine-years-old next week.

Sometimes I get out of bed like Mr. Fredrickson in Up. But, I do get up.

Yesterday the doctor asked if I had been tested for gout. Seriously, people. I am not THAT old.

I used to have one gray hair, now I have two.

More than once I have said, "Back when I was in high school..."

My teenager told me to choose "mature" nail colors. (I would like to appologize to my mom for any crazy things I might have said like that when I was in high school!!)

I am a good 15 years older than my son's 3rd grade teacher. Ok, maybe 10.

Our new bishop is a contemporary of mine.

I have looked at the lotions that help fight wrinkles. Ok, I bought Olay's cheapest one. That is only the beginning folks.

I have two girls that can babysit.

I would rather be comfortable than look good. Can I have both???

I am getting old. My husband tries to tell me otherwise, but it is true. I am getting old. Hopefully he loves old ladies :)